Detailed design and
documentation of 4 laning
of an 8km section of the
Bruce Highway from
Vantassel Road to Cluden
in Townsville. Flanagan
Consulting Group provided
the core geometric road
design and documentation
team, technical leadership
and the contract
documentation capability to
GHD as the lead consultant.
Department of Transport and Main
Project Cost approx. $140 Million
Urban/Rural highway design within a
heavily constrained road corridor.
• Redefined the project scope to
realise $45m of savings from the
business case design.
• Provision of bridges over Stuart
Creek Bridge and the North Coast
• Complex geotechnical conditions
• Complex constraints associated
with accommodating future land
development and planning issues.
• Complex flood modelling and level
of service considerations.
• ETI procurement was utilised
• Delivered under tight budget