This iconic building has drawn praise across
the construction and engineering industry
and has featured in the August edition of the
Engineers Australia Magazine and is due to
have an article in the September edition of
the Australian Steel Institute Magazine.
The design comprised a warren of steel and
other materials that stretched the limits for
design and construction in the tropics of far
• Collaborative design and construction approach with
managing contractor and consultant team.
• Curved façade system incorporating the largest use of
Corten panels in a cyclonic environment.
• Mixed use of materials including steel, composite concrete,
insitu ad precast concrete, fire rated steel and Corten stel.
• Innovative and cost effective structural systems to provide
architectural freedom and effective use of space.
• Finalist in the Queensland Engineering Awards