Upgrade of the Intersection of Dalrymple Road,
Duckworth and Nathan Streets
Planning and design of the staged upgrade of
the intersection of Dalrymple Road and the
Bruce Highway in Townsville. This
intersection is one of the busiest in Townsville
conveying the order of 40,000vpd.
Department of Transport and Main Roads (Northern District)
$25 million in 2 Stages
- Heavy duty pavement widening accommodating staging constraints.
- Complex staging of the works to fit with progressive relocation of street lighting and traffic signal infrastructure under traffic.
- Traffic management issues associated with queueing
of traffic from the adjacent Domain Central shopping
- Safe movement of pedestrians and cyclists through
- Mitigation of impacts on Council, Ergon and Telstra